There are many ways to whiten your teeth at home with products you may already have on hand. Although, the results can take weeks, you will see improvement with each use. You can go to the dentist and pay hundreds of dollars to have whitening treatments, but why waste your hard earned money for something you can do at home? If you have sensitive teeth and gums, this may help you reduce inflammation around your gum area.
Try these smart money saving tips:
First make a rinse for your mouth with 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide, 1 part water. (1 teaspoon hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 teaspoon water)Swish around in your mouth, gargle and swish around for 30 seconds before brushing. (This will bubble up, and may make your mouth sore, but you are in fact killing bacteria on your gums and in your mouth. he soreness will go away after your second time of use.)
Now you are ready for a power brushing.
1. Hydrogen Peroxide-pour hydrogen peroxide on your tooth brush until it is saturated.
2. Baking Soda-add some baking soda on top of the tooth brush right after you pour the hydrogen peroxide on.
3. Tooth paste-you will need this for flavor purposes. Add the tooth paste in a strip across the top of the tooth brush.
4. Brush your teeth in small circles, paying close attention to the gum line.
5. Rinse your tooth brush with hydrogen peroxide-do not spit.
6. Continue to brush, and rinse your tooth brush with peroxide, but do not spit.
7. Rinse your tooth brush with peroxide and do not spit.
8. After you rinse the toothbrush with peroxide three times and continue to brush, you can now spit out the foamy, whitening paste.
9. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water, gargle and spit.
10. Rinse off your tooth brush.
Throughout the day, eat an apple, or strawberries. Apples contain pectin, and other beneficial products our bodies use. While you bite into an apple, keep in mind, peeling them makes them lose their beneficial properties for your teeth. Strawberries contain beneficial properties also. Lemons, oranges, and grapefruits with their qualities, help keep our breath fresh, and our teeth white.
While whitening your teeth, you will want to avoid coffee and tea-or limit your consumption. Colas, and high fructose corn syrup are not our friends, and can reverse improvements on your teeth. Smoking is another issue, if you want nice, white teeth, you shouldn't smoke. However, with continued use of Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda and tooth paste, you will prevent any new stains.
You will want to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, or 64 fluid ounces. Keeping your body hydrated is important for keeping your mouth clean and stain free. Water is a main property of saliva-your own built in cavity police force. The more pure water you ingest, the healthier your teeth and gums.
Make sure you brush your teeth with hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and tooth paste twice a day. You should brush right after breakfast, and right after dinner-or before bedtime.
You should be very careful about mixing various products, and using them in your mouth as it leads to ingestion. Consult your dentist before trying any new dental regime. Many dentists will tell you Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda and tooth paste are safe, and may recommend them to you. However, if you have Pyorrhea or gingivitis, this may not be right for you.